RealPage ® Sustainability Services
Sustainability & ESG Reporting Services
RealPage® Sustainability Services provides the most comprehensive set of integrated energy reporting, management and conservation-related tools and professional services in the multifamily industry. We’ve uncovered millions of dollars in savings for our clients and have revealed hidden yield—averaging $51 in value per unit—that has substantially increased property values and reduced risk exposure.
Powered by the largest utility expense database in the nation, Realpage Sustainability Services has processed over $2 billion in utility spend and invoices for over 2 million units. Our extensive analytics, advanced energy reports and alerts offer multifamily property owners, investors and operators the unique ability to identify challenges and opportunities throughout their entire portfolio and provides a full scope of capabilities that enable them to take control of their energy usage and spend.
For the third consecutive year, RealPage is the recipient of the prestigious 2023 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for Sustained Excellence award from the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Dept. of Energy.
As the EPA and U.S. Dept. of Energy's highest level of recognition, the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence award celebrates companies that continue to exhibit a commitment to transforming environmental innovation and protection through energy efficiency.
RealPage Sustainability Services Energy Savings Yield Greater NOI
Leveraging the largest utility expense database in the nation, the RealPage Sustainability Suite reaps maximum savings, yielding greater NOI with Energy Procurement, Benchmarking, Rate & Tax Assurance, Conservation and Advanced Energy Reporting.
Average savings of 10% on electric and natural gas contracts1
Up to 30% savings on energy conservation projects1
Create an average of $51 in value per unit1
1Data based on RealPage performance surveys
Another ESG Result: Lowering Greenhouse Gas Emissions
You know that the multifamily real estate industry is unique. When it comes to Environmental, Social and Governance or ESG reporting, tracking changes in your emissions to meet sustainability goals must follow standards. The graphic at right illustrates how your portfolio’s emissions are calculated and offers strategies for lowering Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
Feel free to use this graphic to share the knowledge! Just be sure to attribute RealPage.com as the source.
Five Parts with One Goal in Mind: Yielding Maximum Value
ESG Analytics & Reporting
ESG Analytics & Reporting is a robust platform powered by Measurabl’s premium offering to help you measure, manage, act, and disclose your Environmental, Social and Governance performance and submit GRESB and CDP reporting.
- Automate data collection and store in a central location to improve reporting and decision making
- Track performance across your portfolio to ensure you reach your ESG goals
- Get notifications of abnormal consumption that have been vetted for accuracy by Sustainability Analysts
More commercial and multifamily owners will have to report complete energy and water usage through the EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager ® tool to comply with city benchmarking ordinances. You can rely on us to:
- Oversee your EPA Portfolio Manager and gather, validate and upload energy and water usage data for filing compliance
- Provide recommendations for improving your EPA scores
- Help create acceptable estimations of unit data for Green Loan reporting
Rate and Tax Assurance
Approximately 70% of all properties in states where multifamily usage is exempt from state sales tax are erroneously billed. We ensure you’re charged the correct rates and benefit from applicable exemptions by:
- Performing analysis of historical utility invoices for disparities
- Routine review of billed rates, tariffs and published rates
- Identifying state sales tax exemption opportunities and ensuring refunds are received in full
Strategically reduce energy spending year over year and mitigate risks associated with the energy markets—like catastrophic weather events—with the ability to:
- Perform interruptible natural gas management to maximize rate incentives
- Negotiate electric, gas and renewable energy contracts and save at least 10%
- Evaluate continuous service agreements to reduce vacancy expenses and identify optimal resident referral programs
Energy and Water Conservation
Save up to 30% on energy and water usage with comprehensive on-site audits and capital improvements that help improve property values, reduce consumption and drive higher rents by:
- Inspecting mechanical, lighting, plumbing and operational systems
- Identifying retrofit and replacement opportunities
- Developing project proposals with costs, savings, ROI, end-to-end project management, usage tracking and ongoing performance reports
Find out how Sustainability Services can boost your NOI and portfolio value.
A RealPage Utility Management team member will contact you soon.
Substantial Savings That Boost NOI
$800,000 saved annually on procurement for Affordable client2
$130,000 saved annually on Denver client's water retrofit project2
$43,000 saved annually on procurement for Chicago water/operator2
2Actual RealPage client results
Sustainability Success Podcast Series
Listen to industry leaders discuss the top-trending sustainability issues impacting multifamily portfolios across the country.Listen Now
“RealPage got all of our required California properties benchmarked with the EPA on time and on budget. But it’s about more than mandates. We’re expecting it to yield real, sustainable energy savings.”
Rate and Tax Assurance Case Study Highlights
$26,000 average annual tax savings per client3
$1.07 average tax annual savings per unit3
$36,000 average annual tax refund per client3
3Tax savings based on the average of 10 RealPage clients. Tax refunds based on the average of six RealPage clients.
5 Ways ESG Is Changing Multifamily Utility Management
What’s your portfolio’s ESG strategy? In this webcast, you’ll learn about the current Environmental Social Governance (ESG) trends in multifamily and why it’s important to those managing utilities.Watch Webcast