Episode 11: No rate hikes for now, but will there be more in the near term?
- Privately‐owned housing completions were up by 3.8% in August, according to a recent report from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- On the other hand, multifamily permits continue their downward descent.
- August marked a second month of increased inflation, though excluding housing from the measure does paint a more positive picture.
- In a recent press conference, the Fed resolved to maintain the current interest rates for now but hinted at more rate hikes before the year ends.
- In good news, the Fed has essentially ruled out a recession in the upcoming two quarters.
For more information on the state of the U.S. Economy, including forecasts, watch all the episodes of the Economy Express series.