COVID-19: Executive Q&A: Western Wealth’s Jennifer Staciokas and Lantower Residential’s Emily Watson
RealPage® VP of Asset Optimization and Deputy Chief Economist Jay Parsons sits down with two leading apartment operations executives to discuss how Covid-19 has changed property management for the short term … and the longer term. What will be Covid-19’s lasting impact on apartment property management? Hear from two property management executives: Jennifer Staciokas, Executive Managing Director of Property Management at Western Wealth Capital; and Emily Watson, President of Property Management at Lantower Residential.
Discussion topics include:
- What changes to apartment operations required by Covid-19 will extend into more “normal” times?
- What are best practices for working through the backlog of work orders once maintenance teams can enter units again?
- When and how can property managers revert back to more “normal” pricing on renewal leases?
- What is driving the relative success of the apartment market amidst major economic challenges?
- As the Covid-19 shutdown enters Month 3, what are property managers most concerned about related to apartment operations?
Jay Parsons is RealPage’s Deputy Chief Economist and Vice President of Asset Optimization. Jay has been in the multifamily housing industry for more than a decade, and works across market research and forecasting, revenue management, business intelligence, as well as multi-dimensional optimization across pricing, marketing, leasing and risk management. He has provided commentary on CNBC and in the Wall Street Journal. His writings and research have been published by the Pension Real Estate Association, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Apartment Association, American Banker, GlobeSt and Multifamily Executive. Jay is also a frequent speaker at events and conference, including the National Multifamily Housing Council, NAIOP, NAA and ULI.