COVID-19: Executive Q&A: Western Wealth’s Jennifer Staciokas and Lantower Residential’s Emily Watson
Now Available On Demand
RealPage® VP of Asset Optimization and Deputy Chief Economist Jay Parsons sits down with two leading apartment operations executives to discuss how Covid-19 has changed property management for the short term … and the longer term. What will be Covid-19’s lasting impact on apartment property management? Hear from two property management executives: Jennifer Staciokas, Executive Managing Director of Property Management at Western Wealth Capital; and Emily Watson, President of Property Management at Lantower Residential.
Discussion topics include:
- What changes to apartment operations required by Covid-19 will extend into more “normal” times?
- What are best practices for working through the backlog of work orders once maintenance teams can enter units again?
- When and how can property managers revert back to more “normal” pricing on renewal leases?
- What is driving the relative success of the apartment market amidst major economic challenges?
- As the Covid-19 shutdown enters Month 3, what are property managers most concerned about related to apartment operations?
Jay Parsons serves as Senior Vice President, Chief Economist for RealPage, leading the Economist and Industry Principal teams to provide deep insights on market trends and consumer behaviors. He is a frequent author and industry speaker on topics affecting multifamily apartments and single-family rentals, including rental housing investment and asset management strategy, rental housing policy issues, risk mitigation and property management.
Jay has been cited in The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, The Financial Times, The Economist, and The New York Times, and he has appeared on CNBC and BloombergTV. His commentaries have been published by Barron's, the Pension Real Estate Association, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Apartment Association, American Banker and GlobeSt.