Series: 21 Insights
Live Q&A - Part II: Must-Have Insights for 2021
The Year of Variability will demand continued adaptability for multifamily investors, lenders and developers. The pandemic only accelerated investor appetite for apartments, but policy risk and demand issues in gateway cities has led to a scramble to find locations that make sense post-COVID.
Join RealPage VP Jay Parsons and Chief Economist Greg Willett as they host leading industry executives in a discussion of investment and development strategies for 2021. Special guests will include Real Capital Analytics SVP Jim Costello.
Bring your questions and ideas to this live Q&A, where you will have the opportunity to ask questions of RealPage experts and leading multifamily executives.
Discussion topics include:
- Where can investors get bullish again on acquisitions?
- How to build a low-capital value-add strategy
- What types (and locations) of new development deals still make sense in 2021?
- How do eviction bans, rent controls and policy risks change the investment thesis, particularly in coastal markets?
- Why market-rate investors should be motivated to help the push for more government-funded affordable housing
Jay Parsons is RealPage’s Deputy Chief Economist and Vice President of Asset Optimization. Jay has been in the multifamily housing industry for more than a decade, and works across market research and forecasting, revenue management, business intelligence, as well as multi-dimensional optimization across pricing, marketing, leasing and risk management. He has provided commentary on CNBC and in the Wall Street Journal. His writings and research have been published by the Pension Real Estate Association, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Apartment Association, American Banker, GlobeSt and Multifamily Executive. Jay is also a frequent speaker at events and conference, including the National Multifamily Housing Council, NAIOP, NAA and ULI.