Market Intelligence: Q4 New York City Update
Now Available On Demand
Truly unique in many ways, the New York City multifamily market presents a complex mix of both opportunities and challenges for local apartment owners and operators.
The good news about local apartment market performance of late is that demand has swung back in a big way, reconfirming NYC – the nation’s largest apartment market – as a highly coveted area for renters, operators, investors and developers.
Understanding New York City’s unique and appealing demand drivers is critical to capturing the full potential of local market fundamentals. Additionally, assessing challenges and positioning operational strategies to suit this part of the country are key elements to success going forward.
Join Carl Whitaker (RealPage® Director & Real Estate Economist) and Zack Thompson (RealPage VP, NYC Market) as they dive into New York City rental market fundamentals. Hear from special guest Jonathan Bichsel (Rose Associates), who sees the Big Apple’s day-to-day leasing, economic and political climate influence operational approaches to the Five Boroughs and beyond.
This informative and interactive webcast will also include:
- Valuable insights into local market drivers from Jonathan Bichsel
- A review of challenges unique to the New York market – and how to offset those challenges with a highly tailored strategic approach
- A look at what lies ahead for New York market-wide fundamentals, and answers to:
- "What upcoming regulations or stabilization issues should be considered?"
- "How can Local Law 97 affect near-term demand?"
- "How are local neighborhoods performing in terms of rents, occupancy and growth metrics?"
- An investment outlook for New York and surrounding areas within the context of today’s demand and economic environment
- Answers to the question "How have – and more importantly, how will – NYC, its five boroughs and surrounding suburban counties factor into New York market fundamentals?"
As Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, Jonathan is responsible for budgeting, operational efficiencies, energy management and apartment pricing. He has a proven track record of implementing strategies that grow revenue and reduce operating expenses, resulting in increased NOI and asset values.
Carl WhitakerSenior Director of Research & Analysis, RealPage, Inc.
Carl Whitaker is a Real Estate Economist with RealPage’s Data Analytics division. At RealPage, Carl has specialized in creating industry presentations, market and submarket trend reports and crafting ways in which data can be more easily consumed and leveraged by clients. Carl holds degrees from the University of North Texas, including a Master of Science in Applied Geography.
Zack ThompsonVP, NYC Market, RealPage, Inc.
Zack Thompson (he/him) has been at RealPage for over eight years, beginning with the outstanding Solution Engineer team and eventually serving as Team Lead managing a team of Solution Engineers. Due to his experience with customers and products in strategic markets, Zack now serves RealPage as a Market Strategy GM for the Urban, HOA and International markets to help RealPage make informed decisions about market-driven customer focus, product development and diversification. Zack is a native Texan, a graduate of Baylor University and a proud adopted son of New York, where he lives in Manhattan.