COVID-19 Apartment Executive Q&A: FCP’s Chris LoSapio and Fairfield’s Adam Chaffee
RealPage VP of Asset Optimization and Deputy Chief Economist Jay Parsons sits down with two leading apartment asset managers to talk portfolio strategy and multifamily outlook amidst a rapidly weakening U.S. economy. Chris LoSapio, SVP and Director of Asset Management for Federal Capital Partners; and Adam Chaffee, Vice President of Asset Management at Fairfield Residential, open their playbooks and discuss multifamily asset management in the COVID-19 era.
Discussion topics include:
- How does the red-hot value-add/rehab space change given the economic slowdown?
- What are we seeing for rent collections, retention, leasing traffic and pricing?
- How should investors and asset managers think about policy risk in coastal markets given the wave of regulations impacting rental housing owners and managers?
- What strategies are asset managers working with property managers to deploy amidst COVD-19 and a weak economy?
- What does the road to recovery look like, and what markets and asset classes are best positioned in a downturn?
Jay Parsons is RealPage’s Deputy Chief Economist and Vice President of Asset Optimization. Jay has been in the multifamily housing industry for more than a decade, and works across market research and forecasting, revenue management, business intelligence, as well as multi-dimensional optimization across pricing, marketing, leasing and risk management. He has provided commentary on CNBC and in the Wall Street Journal. His writings and research have been published by the Pension Real Estate Association, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Apartment Association, American Banker, GlobeSt and Multifamily Executive. Jay is also a frequent speaker at events and conference, including the National Multifamily Housing Council, NAIOP, NAA and ULI.