COVID-19 Apartment Executive Q&A: FCP’s Chris LoSapio and Fairfield’s Adam Chaffee
Now Available On Demand
RealPage VP of Asset Optimization and Deputy Chief Economist Jay Parsons sits down with two leading apartment asset managers to talk portfolio strategy and multifamily outlook amidst a rapidly weakening U.S. economy. Chris LoSapio, SVP and Director of Asset Management for Federal Capital Partners; and Adam Chaffee, Vice President of Asset Management at Fairfield Residential, open their playbooks and discuss multifamily asset management in the COVID-19 era.
Discussion topics include:
- How does the red-hot value-add/rehab space change given the economic slowdown?
- What are we seeing for rent collections, retention, leasing traffic and pricing?
- How should investors and asset managers think about policy risk in coastal markets given the wave of regulations impacting rental housing owners and managers?
- What strategies are asset managers working with property managers to deploy amidst COVD-19 and a weak economy?
- What does the road to recovery look like, and what markets and asset classes are best positioned in a downturn?
Jay Parsons serves as Senior Vice President, Chief Economist for RealPage, leading the Economist and Industry Principal teams to provide deep insights on market trends and consumer behaviors. He is a frequent author and industry speaker on topics affecting multifamily apartments and single-family rentals, including rental housing investment and asset management strategy, rental housing policy issues, risk mitigation and property management.
Jay has been cited in The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, The Financial Times, The Economist, and The New York Times, and he has appeared on CNBC and BloombergTV. His commentaries have been published by Barron's, the Pension Real Estate Association, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Apartment Association, American Banker and GlobeSt.