10 Mistakes Management Companies Make with Vendors
Now Available On Demand
Here are the top three of the 10 most common mistakes property management companies make with their vendors:
1. Adopting a Risk Elimination vs. Risk Management Mindset
2. “Set It and Forget It” Vendor Set-Up Procedures
3. Vendor Agreements or Contracts Authored by the Vendor
10 Mistakes Management Companies Make with Vendors delivers insights on these top three mistakes, reveals what the other seven are, and shows you how to avoid making any of them. Whether you’re using internal corporate staff, external service partners or property site teams to manage your vendor compliance, you’ll learn how to minimize costs associated with vendor liability risk, better manage compliance and ensure vendors satisfy all of your requirements.
This live webcast also includes a Q & A with industry experts who can answer your questions. Highlights include:
- How to best track the correct types of policy endorsements
- Understanding the details of insurance certificates to ensure you have appropriate insurance
- The 5 steps you need to take to find the right vendors for you
- Learning more about how RealPage® can help through Vendor Credentialing
Tracy Castleman is a licensed Risk Manager, Insurance Agent and Claims Adjuster with over 15 years of experience specializing in the multi-family industry. She holds the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation from The Institutes as well as the Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) designation issued by the International Risk Management Institute. She has provided her expertise in helping establish vendor-credentialing programs for over 200 property management companies.
Amy FiferManager, Account Management, Ops Technology, RealPage, Inc.
Amy oversees the management of 400+ accounts with a team of Product Success Managers dedicated to training, motivating and encouraging clients to adopt processes and best practices for optimizing performance by driving revenue, reducing costs and minimizing risk. As a trusted liaison between clients and internal RealPage departments, Amy collaborates with Operations, Sales, Product and Development to meet client needs, execute projects and resolve escalated service issues.