COVID-19: Executive Q&A: TruAmerica’s Matt Ferrari and Yarco’s Grant Kaufman
RealPage® VP of Asset Optimization and Deputy Chief Economist Jay Parsons talks apartment investment and operations strategy and outlook with two leading multifamily operators: TruAmerica Co-Chief Investment Officer Matt Ferrari and Yarco Vice President Grant Kaufman.
Hear two unique perspectives – one from an NMHC Top 50 owner with a national footprint, and one from a large regional operator with deep concentration in the Midwest.
Discussion topics include:
- What does a return to normal on-site operations look like?
- How will COVID-19 impact apartment investment strategy, deal flow, pricing and underwriting?
- How will property managers work through a huge backlog of work orders once maintenance technicians can re-enter units?
- What markets are weathering the storm best – and which look most attractive going into the next cycle?
- What’s the latest on rents, leasing traffic and rent collections?
Jay Parsons is RealPage’s Deputy Chief Economist and Vice President of Asset Optimization. Jay has been in the multifamily housing industry for more than a decade, and works across market research and forecasting, revenue management, business intelligence, as well as multi-dimensional optimization across pricing, marketing, leasing and risk management. He has provided commentary on CNBC and in the Wall Street Journal. His writings and research have been published by the Pension Real Estate Association, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Apartment Association, American Banker, GlobeSt and Multifamily Executive. Jay is also a frequent speaker at events and conference, including the National Multifamily Housing Council, NAIOP, NAA and ULI.