COVID-19: Executive Q&A: TruAmerica’s Matt Ferrari and Yarco’s Grant Kaufman
Now Available On Demand
RealPage® VP of Asset Optimization and Deputy Chief Economist Jay Parsons talks apartment investment and operations strategy and outlook with two leading multifamily operators: TruAmerica Co-Chief Investment Officer Matt Ferrari and Yarco Vice President Grant Kaufman.
Hear two unique perspectives – one from an NMHC Top 50 owner with a national footprint, and one from a large regional operator with deep concentration in the Midwest.
Discussion topics include:
- What does a return to normal on-site operations look like?
- How will COVID-19 impact apartment investment strategy, deal flow, pricing and underwriting?
- How will property managers work through a huge backlog of work orders once maintenance technicians can re-enter units?
- What markets are weathering the storm best – and which look most attractive going into the next cycle?
- What’s the latest on rents, leasing traffic and rent collections?
Jay Parsons serves as Senior Vice President, Chief Economist for RealPage, leading the Economist and Industry Principal teams to provide deep insights on market trends and consumer behaviors. He is a frequent author and industry speaker on topics affecting multifamily apartments and single-family rentals, including rental housing investment and asset management strategy, rental housing policy issues, risk mitigation and property management.
Jay has been cited in The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, The Financial Times, The Economist, and The New York Times, and he has appeared on CNBC and BloombergTV. His commentaries have been published by Barron's, the Pension Real Estate Association, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Apartment Association, American Banker and GlobeSt.