Protect Yourself from ADA & FHA Fines & Penalties
eBook – Multifamily Accessibility and Compliance: 6 Things you Should Know
If it’s difficult for residents to decipher the world of ADA apartment requirements, then imagine how hard it is for multifamily property owners and operators to both understand and execute on those requirements. The same is true for FHA requirements. And where do the two intersect on the compliance spectrum for multifamily?
This accessibility and compliance eBook provides a multifamily perspective on the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and the Fair Housing Act of 1968 (FHA). As a property owner or property management operator, it’s important to understand the compliance requirements of these laws in order to enhance community appeal, help avoid expensive penalties, and protect brand reputation. Otherwise, the consequences could mean thousands of dollars in fines and penalties.
Here are some questions this eBook discusses:
Did you know that first-time ADA violations can result in up to $75,000 in civil fines? Or that an astounding 26,838 charges for ADA violations were filed in 2017, resulting in over $135 million in monetary benefits? Keep your company’s name off that list by educating yourself about accessibility and compliance.
Download this in-depth eBook that helps to clarify the law and provides a checklist of questions every owner and operator should ask to mitigate risk.
- The scope and objectives of the ADA and the FHA
- How to be in compliance with ADA and FHA requirements
- Who enforces ADA and FHA compliance
- What is identified as a public accommodation by law
- What to do if you’re not in compliance
- When a community room is subject to ADA compliance
- If your property’s parking spaces are compliant
- What are the common areas of non-accessibility
- Requirements when retrofitting units