Avoid ADA, FHA and CARES Act Fines & Penalties
6 Areas You Should Know: About Accessibility, Compliance and Current COVID-19 Policies in Multifamily Housing
This accessibility and compliance eBook provides a multifamily perspective on the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988 (FHA) and the 2020 CARES Act. As a property owner or property management operator, it’s important to understand the compliance requirements of these laws in order to enhance community appeal, help avoid expensive penalties, and protect brand reputation. Otherwise, the consequences could mean thousands of dollars in fines and penalties.
Here are some questions the eBook answers:
- What are the ADA requirements for private dwelling units?
- Does the FHA require retrofitting for properties constructed prior to 2000?
- How well do you understand the basic differences between the ADA and the FHA?
Did you know that first-time ADA violations can result in up to $75,000 in civil fines? Download this in-depth eBook that helps to clarify the law and provides a checklist of questions every owner and operator should ask to mitigate risk.
- How to stay in compliance with ADA and FHA requirements
- Who enforces ADA and FHA compliance
- What is identified as a public accommodation by law
- What to do if you’re not in compliance
- When a community room is subject to ADA compliance
- If your property’s parking spaces are compliant
- Requirements when retrofitting units
- Recovery benefits under the CARES Act