Apartment listing service introduces its first iPad® application
(April 2, 2014) – MyNewPlace, one of the largest apartment listing services in the United States, announces the newest addition to its mobile offerings— its first iPad app. In the first week of release, the MyNewPlace iPad app was listed as a featured app in the iTunes store, and has since been downloaded more than 900 times since its March 24 launch.
Following the success of its iPhone® app last August, MyNewPlace continues efforts to help renters find a place they love through the iPad app’s unique interface, which was designed for today’s increasingly mobile consumer. According to the Pew Research Center, tablet adoption has almost doubled during the past year. This, coupled with the increase in smartphone usage, is driving the need to build new offerings that meet today’s technical standards.
“We want to make sure that, when consumers are searching for their new home, MyNewPlace provides an amazing experience on whatever device they use,” said Andy Hamilton, vice president of consumer and internet listing services at MyNewPlace. “Our new iPad app is different from any other app in the market because of features such as 3D floor plans, side-by-side property comparison, photo uploading, appointment settings directly from any device, and sharing favorite communities with friends.”
The new iPad app features exclusive functionality:
- Notes and photos: Snap pictures of or take notes about preferred properties and keep track of them through the industry’s first Activity Feed.
- Activity Feed: Organize all aspects of the consumer’s apartment hunt into one place with the benefit of industry-leading functionality.
As well as enhancements such as:
- GPS location tracking: Instantly find nearby apartments and houses for rent via app-based GPS, or search by city, state, neighborhood or zip code.
- Appointment setting: Waiting in lines at open houses or playing phone tag with leasing offices is a thing of the past with our online appointment book.
- Filtered search: Filter by price, bedrooms, bathrooms, amenities and pets to narrow down community options that fit the consumer’s specific needs.
- Map viewing: Find apartments and points of interest, as well as what surrounding neighborhoods have to offer, including filters to locate schools, parks, and more.
- Side-by-side comparison: View a list of preferred apartment listings, compare them to each other and share with friends.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of RealPage, Inc. (NASDAQ: RP), MyNewPlace currently offers native apps for the iPad, iPhone and Android™. To download the iPad app, visit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apartments-houses-for-rent/id843344334?mt=8.