LeasingDesk® Renters Insurance Protects Residents, Property and Profit
LeasingDesk Renters Insurance Plan Provides Maximum Protection
With an estimated 106,000 multifamily residential building fires each year causing $1.3 billion in property loss,1 it’s no wonder that 84% of PMCs require their residents to have renters insurance.2
Our programs are developed by multifamily professionals and insurance experts who understand the unique needs of the industry. Our extensive knowledge of common losses at apartment communities and our partnerships with “A” rated national insurance companies has led to the creation of a comprehensive program that reduces your community’s exposure to risk. And because we only work with rental housing clients, you can be sure your residents will be taken care of promptly when they need us.
Our eRenterPlan® policies deliver broad renters insurance coverage options to protect against common and costly damages – including water, smoke, fire, explosion, as well as other losses such as pet damage and worldwide theft. In fact, an independent study concluded that a renters insurance program will save a community as much as $22 per unit per year. This can translate into a savings of thousands of dollars across a portfolio.
Use this ROI Calculator to estimate the potential savings for your portfolio with a required renters insurance program.3
Designed to Meet Your Business Needs
LeasingDesk offers a turnkey program—from implementation, to training, to ongoing program management—throughout the life of our customer partnerships. We work with you to design a program best suited for your community with competitive prices and excellent coverage for your residents.
We Pay You
When a property partners with LeasingDesk to implement a required renters insurance program, the owner receives a quarterly payment for the term of the marketing agreement based upon the number of units in the program. The revenue for this marketing assistance is in addition to the revenue your company can expect to save in costs from resident-caused damages. And it will cost you nothing!
Resident Insurance Designed with Residents in Mind
We make purchasing a renters insurance policy easy for your residents. They can obtain instant quotes and purchase policies within minutes, either online at www.erenterplan.com, or by calling our 1-800 number.
And because our eRenterPlan policies were designed specifically for the renters insurance market, your residents are sure to get the comprehensive coverage they need at incredibly affordable rates.
- Policies can begin immediately, not the next business day
- Liability coverage up to $100,000
- Optional contents coverage ranging from $10,000 to $50,000
- Coverage for damage to personal property caused by roof leaks
- Liability coverage for damage caused by water (overflowed bathtubs/toilets, etc.)
- Property damage coverage for up to 5 lessees
- World-wide protection that covers property loss and liability in apartment, garage, car, or around the world
Protect Property with Compliance Services and Integration with OneSite
Our comprehensive compliance management services can help you stay on top of residents’ insurance policies for maximum compliance at your properties.
- Renters insurance email reminders sent to residents at move-in and when they are out-of-compliance
- Notification of cancelled policies to your properties
- RenterProtection community insurance
Additionally, LeasingDesk provides online reporting so you can monitor policy cancellations and renewals at any time. OneSite Leasing & Rents users will have the insurance requirement in the leasing workflow to streamline the enrollment process and facilitate compliance of resident coverage.
Supplemental Coverage for Extra Protection
Our renters insurance policies offer residents additional coverage options to better protect their belongings and your property.
- Special Event Insurance – Requiring Special Event Insurance as part of your clubhouse rental agreement can potentially save thousands of dollars and provide important coverage. Special Event Insurance provides liability protection any time your residents rent the clubhouse or other community facility for parties, business meetings, receptions, or other similar gatherings. It provides affordable liability protection that a standard renter’s policy does not include, and there is no additional cost to the resident to name the property owner as an additional insured.
- Involuntary Unemployment Insurance – We offer your residents involuntary unemployment insurance, which provides rental payment assistance should the resident lose their job due to layoff or involuntary termination. Payment is made directly to the property, so you can be assured that you will receive the rent payment up to the policy limits.
- Water/Sewer Backup – The water peril component of eRenterPlan policies is one of the most comprehensive available. It includes broad roof leak coverage to protect residents’ contents and extends this coverage to plumbing backups from sewer or drain lines, as well as overflows from sump pumps.
- Pet Damage – The pet damage endorsement of eRenterPlan works in conjunction with your property’s security deposit or pet deposit as indicated in the lease agreement. With this coverage, your residents gain up to an additional $500 above the specified deposit for pet-caused damages, such as scratched doors and chewed base boards.
- Jewelry Protection – Replacing stolen jewelry can be painful and expensive for your residents. That’s why we offer extra jewelry protection, where residents can purchase optional coverage in excess of the $1000 standard limit.
Renters Insurance Protection for Corporate Leasers
A corporate renters insurance policy from LeasingDesk provides all of the insurance protection of a traditional eRenterPlan policy when a unit is leased to a corporation and the occupant changes frequently during the term of the lease. When a corporation purchases an eRenterPlan policy, your unit will be covered for any damage from a covered peril caused by the occupant, as long as they are an employee or contractor of the corporation. Coverage also applies to their family members living in the unit. In addition, the personal property of the occupant will be covered up to the policy limits.
Superior Renters Insurance Underwriters
We only partner with providers that specialize in multifamily insurance coverage and those that are financially superior. Our underwriters have been given an “A” (excellent) rating by A.M. Best Company®, the insurance industry’s foremost independent rating agency for underwriter financial and operational stability.
1 Multifamily Residential Building Fires, FEMA Topical Fire Report Series, Volume 16, Issue 5 / July 2015. http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/statistics/v16i5.pdf
2 2012 NMHC Apartment Cost of Risk Survey
3 This calculation is for estimation purposes only and is not a guarantee of actual savings.
eRenterPlan is offered by LeasingDesk Insurance Services, a licensed insurance agency operated by Multifamily Internet Ventures, LLC. CA Agency license # OD12126. This content is only a general description of policy coverage and not a statement of contract. Coverage is subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.