Bonds That Don't Break. Even When Residents Do.
DepositIQ is based on a simple concept: instead of a traditional security deposit, residents are offered the option of purchasing a nonrefundable - and much more affordable - surety bond to guarantee lease obligations. The results: a competitive move-in option for lucrative residents, increased lease closings, stronger asset protection, and reduced bad debt, ALL integrated seamlessly into the leasing experience.
Marketing & Leasing Benefits:
- Drive more traffic to your community
- No deposit move-in option
- Reward your best quality applicants
- Lease units faster
- Increase closing ratios
- Works in parallel or standalone with existing deposits
- Generate ancillary income
- Reduce bad debt
- Improve cash flow and NOI
- Decrease time & cost of administering deposits, claims, and collections
- Increase lease renewals
- Reduce the cost of move-in
- Shift a pet deposit to DepositIQ
- Keep more cash in-pocket for rent increases, living expenses, and more
- Honor lease terms and move out at lease end with no further obligations
How DepositIQ Works for Your Community
Step One: Applicants are qualified within the existing screening process then presented with the option of a standard refundable deposit or a less expensive (but nonrefundable) bond premium, listed at a standard 17.5% of bond coverage.
Step Two: Applicants sign and purchase the surety bond electronically on PC or mobile-friendly device.
Step Three: DepositIQ pays properties up to the bond amount if claims are made, based on an available claim fund at the property or portfolio level - your choice. 60% of all bond premiums fund the property claim fund and are 100% owned by the PMC.
Step Four: All claims paid are turned over to your collection agency to be repaid by the renter.
Step Five: All collected funds are returned to the properties' claim pool.