Last updated: June 1, 2020
RealPage is committed to providing clear and concise information regarding our privacy policies and practices. This Privacy Statement describes how RealPage and its subsidiaries (“we,” or “us”) collect, use, and disclose certain personal information in the course of providing our services. By accessing our website (www.realpage.com) or utilizing our services, you consent to the information collection and handling practices outlined in this statement.
I. RealPage Services and Scope
RealPage provides comprehensive property management software solutions and services to property owners and managers in the rental housing industry (our “Clients”). Our on-demand product line covers the full spectrum of accounting, leasing, operations, and marketing services (collectively “RealPage Services”). In providing this suite of services, RealPage acts as a service provider under contract to our Clients1. As a service provider, RealPage does not control any of the personal information we process on behalf of our Clients. Our Clients collect and control all such personal information, and RealPage is required to provide our products and services in accordance with Clients’ contractual provisions and instructions regarding data collection, privacy, processing, and security.
Our Clients may administer RealPage Services access for their employee end users. This administration may include control over end user account access and functionality, as well as access and monitoring of end user data and activity. RealPage is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our Clients, and this Privacy Statement is not intended to cover those Client practices. Furthermore, this Privacy Statement does not apply to the privacy or security practices of any third party.
II. Information Collection
RealPage Services involve the collection and processing of personal information for business purposes. This includes Client resident and prospect information (either provided by Clients to RealPage or collected directly from residents by RealPage acting on behalf of Clients) and Client employee information (collected by RealPage to establish user account access to RealPage Services). This personal information varies depending on the individual RealPage Services being utilized, and multiple services may be integrated at a Client property. The personal information collected includes the following:
- Contact Information & Identification: name, address, telephone number, email address, and emergency contact information
- Personal Details: date of birth, social security number, driver’s license/state-issued ID/military ID/passport number, employment history/income, gender, and marital status
- Financial Account Information: bank account, credit/debit card, and insurance policy/surety bond information
- Property Ledger Information and Documents: resident leases, resident ledger history, utility consumption/expense, property notices and communications, rent/fee payment receipts, and other Client-generated content related to property management and resident history
- Credentials and Authentication Information: user names, passwords, password hints and security questions
- Technical Information: IP address, device and hardware specifications, and web browser type
- Usage Data: logging data that tracks service access, usage, performance metrics, and error reports
III. Information Use
The personal information collected by RealPage Services is used for a variety of purposes, including:
- To fulfill the purpose for which the personal information was collected and provide the requested RealPage Services.
- To integrate with apartment community services offered by RealPage or third party service providers contracted by Clients.
- To process service requests, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To distribute communications and legally required notices regarding the status of RealPage Services via phone, email, and SMS text.
- To provide RealPage Services maintenance, enhancement, security, support, and website optimization.
- To maintain compliance with federal and state laws related to software-as-a-service, background screening, financial institutions, and money services businesses.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure RealPage Services user accounts.
IV. Information Sharing & Disclosure
RealPage does not sell personal information collected through RealPage Services.
RealPage may provide personal information to third parties under limited circumstances, including service providers and vendors that support or integrate with the RealPage Services described in this statement. RealPage only shares personal information to the extent reasonably necessary to support RealPage Services requirements, or for the third party vendors or service providers to perform the services on our or our Clients’ behalf. We do not permit third party vendors or service providers to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the services we request of them. However, please note that RealPage does not maintain direct control over the privacy policies and practices of Clients or any other third party companies, agents, or contractors.
In addition, if RealPage enters into any business transition, restructuring, merger, sale, or other transferring of assets, we reserve the right to transfer all RealPage Services information, including all personal information, as part of or in connection with the transaction.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid requests by public authorities, including law enforcement, national security agencies, or other government entities;
- Operate and maintain the security of RealPage Services; and
- Protect the rights and property of RealPage, including both intellectual property and physical systems infrastructure.
V. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies – Do Not Track
When you access RealPage Services or our website, our servers may place small text files (“cookies”) on your computer for recordkeeping purposes. Among other things, cookies enable us to gather information about your activity on our website for the purposes of improving your online experience, establishing secure user accounts, remembering your preferences and settings, and for other similar customization purposes.
In addition to cookies, the RealPage Services and our website may utilize web beacons, clear gifs, or other technologies to gather information on how users interact with and utilize various features. For example, these technologies can identify popular pages, viewing patterns, click-through, conversion rates, and other information that can be used to improve, monitor, and operate our websites, products, and services.
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers, and our sites are not currently set up to respond to those signals. Most internet browsers provide controls that allow users to directly manage or disable the placement and usage of cookies on their computer. Please note that disabling cookies may deactivate or otherwise restrict certain features on RealPage Services or our website.
VI. Third Party Links to Other Sites
VII. Data Security
RealPage implements and maintains appropriate physical, administrative, technical and organizational measures to protect the information we process against unauthorized or unlawful access, use or disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction. Under our security policies and practices, access to personal information is restricted and authorized only for those who have a business need for such access. RealPage strives to protect the personal information that we process; however, no security program is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose personal information. We maintain security incident response policies and procedures to handle incidents involving unauthorized access to personal data we process.
VIII. Accessing and Updating Personal Information
In the event your personal information is determined to be outdated, incomplete, or inaccurate, you may access and update your information by logging into your RealPage Services account or contacting your property manager. If you require verification that your requested changes have been completed, and such verification is not readily displayed in your RealPage Services account, you may request confirmation at the email address listed below (See “Contact Us”).
IX. Children’s Online Privacy
RealPage does not target children under the age of 13 for the collection of information online, and our services are not designed to attract children’s attention or interaction.
X. California Residents – Privacy Rights
California residents may avail themselves of rights granted by California laws and regulations. For a summary of California privacy rights, please refer to our Privacy Statement for California Residents.
XI. Privacy Statement Changes
RealPage reserves the right to amend this privacy statement at our sole discretion at any time. When we make changes to this privacy statement, we will post the updated content to our applicable website(s) and RealPage Services along with the effective date of the change. Your continued use of RealPage Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
XII. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or its implementation, you may contact us via the following methods:
Via US Postal Service at:
Attn: Privacy (Legal)
2201 Lakeside Blvd.
Richardson, TX 75082
OR Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org